SCO Family of Services Center for Family Life- Performing Arts Specialist - Dance/Theatre Specialist @ PS503/506 in Brooklyn, New York
Are you passionate about working with youth and building community? Are you looking for an engagingwork environmentwhere you can collaborate to build out transformative, culturally responsiveperforming artsprogramming?Center for Family Life seeks a flexible, creative team member to joinastaff of youth-development professionals,social workers,teachingartists, and young adult youth workers in our large community-based after-school and summer camp programat PS 503/506 in Brooklyn.
- Teach youth the building blocks of dance, theater, and other performing arts
- Provide dance instruction and choreograph pieces in a range of dance styles
- Designcurricula for groupsof all ages and lead daily dance/ theater activities
- Teach evening classes for adults and families
- Collaborate with participants to create scripts, dance pieces, and original material to be showcased in performances for school and community
- Choreograph, direct, and collaborate with colleagues to produce 2-3 annual performances
- Help toorchestratespecial events, staff development, and other community-building activities
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Strong dance and/or theatre background with skills in both
- Experience using the medium of dance/theater to promote self-expression, skill development in performing arts, social emotional learning, and community-building
- Demonstrated cultural competence leading programming with all ages
- Excellentinterpersonal and organizational skills
- Interestinfacilitating group experienceswhich include participants with challenging behaviors
- Education/ Degree: BA minimum
We are looking for aDance/ Theater Specialistwith an interest ininvesting in the developmentand success of performing artsprogramming. Bilingual Spanish-English or Mandarin/Cantonese-English are a plus.
Part Time position with benefits: School year (25-30 hrs/wk) afternoon/ evening hours; Summer (34 hrs/wk) morning/afternoon schedule. Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Supervision and professional development opportunities are provided. Center for Family Life/SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply:Emailcover letter and resumewith Dance/Theater Specialist in subject lineto Gabrielle Radeka and Yasira Dingui at
Job: *ACTIVITIES SPECIALIST
Title: Center for Family Life- Performing Arts Specialist - Dance/Theatre Specialist @ PS503/506
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Requisition ID: 38389