SCO Family of Services Center for Family Life - Social Worker with Theater Expertise in Brooklyn, New York
“Life Lines” Community Arts Project of Center for Family Life is seeking an MSW Social Worker with a background in Theater to join our team of professional artists and social workers. Based at Middle School 136/Middle School 821 & Sunset Park High School in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, this unique multi-arts program is involved in interdisciplinary arts projects with middle school teachers and students, school reform initiatives, and extended day and summer arts activities for groups of middle and high school youth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Direct practice in theater with middle school and high school participants · Supervision of part-time staff · Oversight of specific grant-funded components of the program, including data entry and outcome evaluation · Crisis invention and communication with parents when necessary · Co-leadership with a teacher of a twice weekly high school advisory class · Assistance and participation in annual events and productions which include the following; o An original improvisational musical that brings to life the struggles and vitality of our diverse community o Multi-cultural children’s theater, literature-based adaptations o 2 overnight camping trips for rehearsals and community building
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Individual supervision and ongoing professional development opportunities are provided.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Experience with (and passion for) leading activity-based groups of youth
- Positive energy, flexibility and strengths-based perspective a must
- Desire to learn about and work within a social group work model
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Mandarin/English preferred
How to apply
E-mail cover letter/resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org, with MSW with Theater as subject heading
Job: *SOCIAL WORKER -262
Title: Center for Family Life - Social Worker with Theater Expertise
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Sunset Park
Requisition ID: 39710