Sirena Restaurant Inc. Front of the House/ Back of the House in Brooklyn, New York
Hostess Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Welcome guests in a warm and friendly manner.
• Ascertains their dining/lodging needs.
• Seats guests and manage the seating chart.
• Monitors restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
• Responds to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner.
Waiters or Waitresses Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Takes orders, serves food and beverages to guests.
• Play important role in guest satisfaction as they are also responsible for checking on guest to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
• Communicating food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities (e.g. food allergies)
Food Runner Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Delivering food orders from the kitchen to cu Guests' tables rapidly and accurately.
• Acting as the point of contact between Front of the House and Back of the House staff.
Busser Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Prepares dining room for patrons by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils. Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
• Acts as a dining room attendants, mainly assist the servers in serving food, filling and re-filling drinks and cleaning the tables.
• Resets tables, restocking supplies and helping out guests when a server is too busy or unavailable.
Bar Back Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Their role is to ensure that the bartender has everything they need during service to keep everything running smoothly: clean glasses, enough garnishes, liquor, beer and spirits, ice cubes, etc.
Bartender Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including:
• Mixing beverages using an extensive range of ingredients including liquor, bitters, soda, water, sugar, and fruits.
• Taking beverage orders from Guest or wait staff and serving drinks as requested, paying extreme attention to detail.
• Satisfying Guest requests in a timely manner.
• Verify identification and age requirements of Guest
• Clean glasses and bar utensils
• Make suggestions based on Guest tastes and preferences
• Record and balance cash receipts and prepare cash deposits
• Open and maintain tabs throughout their shift
• Build a rapport with regular customers to create a positive atmosphere
Back of the House Job Description include a variety of duties and responsibilities including: (Chef, Sous Chef, Line Cook, Prep Cook, Kitchen Staff, Dishwasher)
• Chef - include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner.
• Sous Chef - Leads kitchen team in chef's absence. Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
• Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
• Line Cook- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies. Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces. Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
• Prep Cook- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking. Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and other meal prep. Undertake basic cooking duties, such as reducing sauces and parboiling food. Prepare simple dishes, such as salads and entrees.
• Kitchen Staff - Cleaning all dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations. Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the Chef. Sweeping and mopping floors, as required. Assisting with the unloading of deliveries. Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations. Assisting with the monitoring of inventory. Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the Kitchen Manager. Packaging customers' leftover food upon request. Cleaning trash cans and disposing refuse on a regular basis. Unload food and equipment deliveries. Keep the storeroom organized.