SCO Family of Services Group Leader - (After-School Grades K-5) in Brooklyn, New York
Group Leaders are responsible for the day-to-day supervision of program participants (grades K-8) at their specific site location. They provide classroom assistance to Activity Specialists and Resident Artists; oversee homework help; monitor participant behavior; and create and implement structured learning and recreational and leadership activities for the Family Dynamics after-school and/or summer camp program. Work with participants during after-school hours, school breaks and/or summer recess. * Provide constant supervision of assigned groups of children. * Ensure the safety of all program participants. * Participate daily in academic, recreational, creative and artistic activities. * Chaperone field trips. * Plan and implement age-appropriate activities. * Submit lesson plans in a timely fashion. * Record, submit and maintain accurate attendance records. * Pick up and dismiss program participants. * Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants. * Monitor participant behavior and consult with the Site Director when necessary. * Maintain the general upkeep of space and materials used by the program. * Coordinate special events in collaboration with the Education Specialist. * Provide support to Activity Specialists and/or Resident Artists. * Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings. * Perform other duties as assigned. * Works closely with site based staff to provide services to participants and their families. * Has direct and consistent contact with participants and parents. * SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- HS Diploma or GED (AA, BA or BS in Education, Child Development or related field preferred)
- Experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expected timelines.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reading skills.
- Previous experience working in an arts-related environment is a plus.
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.
Job: *Direct Service Worker
Title: Group Leader - (After-School Grades K-5)
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Bedford-Stuyvesant
Requisition ID: 44763