SCO Family of Services Instructor in Brooklyn, New York
Work with students daily Monday-Friday between the hours of 2:00pm to 6:00pm during the school year (September to June) ad 8:00am to 5:00pm (during School breaks and summer)
- Participate daily in recreational, creative, ad artistic activities.
- Chaperone daily/weekly field trips
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children.
- Plan and implement are-appropriate activities (i.e. music, arts, dance, sports, etc.)
- Maintain clean and organized workspaces and activity areas
- Submit weekly lesson plans
- Maintain a good record of attendance
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants
- Pick up and dismiss program participants
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Accept other duties as assigned
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
High school Diploma, DED, AA, BA or BS in Education and/or relates field preferred, or currently pursing college degree, and/or 2 or more years of experience in the educational/instructional field working with students.
Experience working with elementary, middle school and/or high school populations
Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet expected timelines.
Must have excellent writing and reading skills
Bilingual skills a plus
Job: *INSTRUCTOR -936
Location: New York-Brooklyn-Stuyvesant Heights
Requisition ID: 45644