ICL Landscaper/ Gardner in Brooklyn, New York
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Lawn Maintenance/Laborer provides as follows: spring cleanup, fall clea up, weeding, trimming and lawn maintenance. Must be familiar with commercial size lawn mower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, and back pack leaf blower at least.This work is carried out under varying conditions of direction and availability of guidelines and by the skilled use of various kinds of equipment or tools
Looking for a hard worker who enjoys working outdoors on general maintenance tasks and landscaping tasks. The best candidate will be willing to do many tasks and will have a team mentality. Our Maintenance team is dedicated to preventative maintenance and works with little supervision. We rely on our associates to be guest minded and have a helping hand approach to all interactions. Duties include snow removal, and other outdoor ladnscaping duties.
Tasks of Job are as follows: spring clean up, fall clean up, weeding, trimming and lawn maintenance. Must be familiar with commercial size lawn mower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, and back pack leaf blower at least.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Property Maintenance – spring cleanup and fall cleanup
- As directed, keeps the grounds in an orderly safe, clean and sanitary condition by mowing, edging, weed-eating, pruning and raking all green areas.
- Cut grass using riding or push lawn mowers
- Trim hedges and edge around sidewalks, flower beds and other structures
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape using shears or other small hand tools
- Spreads mulch or pine-straw
- Waters flower beds or newly installed sod as needed
- Uses a blower to clears sidewalks and park lots of leaves or other debris
- Clear litter/debris
- Water all exterior installation before leaving site
- Leave installation broom clean
- Landscaping Installation – Install plants efficiently, with design consideration in mind, as directed by workorder, site evaluation, and the Director of Facilities
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Attend required trainings, staff meetings and other meetings/events as requested
- Performs other duties as required
- Able to bend, knee, squat, stand and lift heavy objects as needed
- Pesticide Application – only applicable of supervision of Director of Facilities
- Seasonal Snow Removal
- And Much More!
Education: Equivalent to completion of twelfth grade; high school diploma or GED preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understand the job responsibilities for each day and prepare accordingly.
- Carefully load and unload the truck with tools and equipment for the day’s assignment.
- Maintain tools and tool inventory. Be sure that all tools return to site at the end of the day
Position Number: RP555521
Department: Facility/Real Property Department
Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Minimum Salary: USD $33,040.00/Yr.
Maximum Salary: USD $36,000.00/Yr.