Good Shepherd Services Lifeguard: Summer Camp at IS 292 in Brooklyn, New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
The Lifeguard monitors activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents and provide assistance to swimmers by creating a safe environment.
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR, SONYC at IS 292
Location: 301 Vermont St, Brooklyn, NY 11207
Hours: 12 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt (Summer Camp: June 22, 2020 – August 14, 2020)
Rate: $21.15 hourly
• Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe areas.
• Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning and administers first aid.
• Maintains order in swimming areas.
• Conducts or officiates swimming meets.
• Provides swimming instructions, when directed.
• Works closely with the Aquatics Director, the Camp Director and staff to provide a safe environment for the campers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma preferred.
• Must have a CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification issued within the last 365 days, an unexpired Lifeguard certification, or be willing to obtain before the commencement of employment., as per NYC DOHMH regulations.
Good Shepherd Services is an equal opportunity employer that is proudly committed to becoming an anti-racist and multicultural organization that stands up for justice and equity. We welcome prospective employees from diverse backgrounds, for administrative support and direct service and leadership roles, who will join us on that journey, uphold our values and approach, and believe in our mission. Additionally, we aim to have a racially representative leadership and workforce that is reflective of the communities we work in partnership with.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.