Soho House & Co. Line Cook (Seasonal) - Dumbo House in Brooklyn, New York
Who we are…
Soho House is a collection of member-only clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. We provide a space for our diverse membership base to connect, grow, have fun and make impact. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, and plans to open additional locations globally.
The Role. . .
A line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry and/or stations or other areas of the kitchen.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items ads directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep or line cook experience.
• English language and professional communications skills are required.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
We have perks...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. We pride ourselves on our training to development options for the technical and managerial skills necessary to grow a career.
Medical, Dental, Vision Health Care Coverage
Soho House Membership
401K with a company match
Paid Time Off (Sick Days + Vacation Days)
Brand Discounts at Cowshed Spa, Soho Home & Restaurants
Parental Leave (12-26 weeks, pending tenure)
Soho Impact: Making positive change through mentoring, apprenticeship, outreach & sustainability
Learning & Development: An extensive range of courses are available for all
Cookhouse & House Tonic: Business Focused trips, trainings, and events available for all
Team Events: Events to build relationships at work (Fitness class, Cinema Screenings and more)
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach with recruitment. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to hire, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, or anyone else that could bring diverse perspective to our business.