Win (Women In Need) Porter/Van Driver in Brooklyn, New York
Title of Position: Porter/Van Driver FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Regional Operations Facility Manager
Positions reporting to this position: None
Purpose of the Position:
The Porter/Van Driver is responsible for providing safe transportation for clients and Win staff and performs general driving duties as needed for the organization. The Porter/Van Driver will also be responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of building to ensure a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Must be able to safely operate a passenger van.
· Responsible for proper vehicle maintenance and care when operating a Win vehicle.
· Responsible for immediately reporting all issues, infractions, and accidents that involve a Win vehicle to the supervisor.
· Provide daily cleaning of interior and exterior of the shelter residents.
· Maintain all office and common areas to the Win’s standards.
· Must be with commercial cleaning equipment and chemicals.
· Responsible for all trash removal and proper use of building trash compactor.
· Will keep the exterior of the building free from graffiti.
· Responsible for seasonal snow and ice removal.
· Repair damaged furniture, appliances, and equipment as needed.
· Will assist clients with moving into and out of Win sites.
· Must be able to spackle, sand, paint walls, and ceilings.
· Perform minor plumbing repairs as required.
· Conduct routine unit inspections, perform seasonal cleaning, repair of A/C units, and heating units.
· Inspect, repair/replace smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
· Repair and change door locks.
· Perform other related duties.
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to ascend/descend up to 8 flights of stairs.
· Must be able to work with hazardous substances with proper protective equipment.
· Must maintain a valid NY State driver’s license while working as a Win Porter/Van Driver.
· Commitment to Win’s mission, vision, and values.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to interact effectively with the client population.
· Must have a valid NY State driver's license with a good driving record.
· Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate and to accept supervision.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish is a plus.
· Leadership: Set an example by following Win policies and procedures. Must act with a high degree of professionalism and has good work ethics.
· Facilitating Change: Deliver high quality results consistently. Must seek to learn new skills and participate in professional development.
· Managing Performance: Work effectively with peers and interact respectfully with clients and coworkers. Participate actively in team meetings. Demonstrate
· Applying and Developing Expertise: Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skills and apply technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
· Communicating and Collaborating: Understand and embody the values and mission of Win. Must keep the supervisor informed about progress and problems.
Win is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.