Leake and Watts Services RAPP Coordinator in Brooklyn, New York
Driven by the belief that each of us can thrive when life has hope and opportunity, Rising Ground provides caring support and proven paths to positive change, helping children, adults, and families rise above adversity and each year Rising Ground is a positive force in the lives of more than 25,000 individuals. STEPS to End Family Violence - Rising Ground’s anti-intimate partner violence program - offers a variety of trauma-informed, anti-oppressive programming focused on the prevention of intimate partner violence; advocacy and healing for survivors and children impacted by abusive partner behavior; and training intended to increase awareness of the epidemic of gender-based violence. Since the program's founding in 1986, STEPS has been deliberately dedicated to engaging in work that is innovative and deeply survivor-centered and works to promote the idea that support for survivors of IPV that is not aligned with anti-oppressive, anti-racist, feminist/womanist principles tends to unintentionally mimic systems of oppression, and is ultimately, re-traumatizing and ineffective.
Founded as an orphanage in 1831, Rising Ground has been at the forefront of evolving community needs. Driven by the belief that each of us can thrive when life has hope and opportunity, Rising Ground provides caring support and proven paths to positive change, helping children, adults, and families rise above adversity, and each year, Rising Ground is a positive force in the lives of more than 25,000 individuals. We do this through 50 programs in 70 locations throughout New York City and Westchester. Our strong belief and commitment to diversity shows not just through our work with supported persons but is integral to the building of a strong staff that reflects the communities we serve. Rising Ground is headquartered in downtown Brooklyn.
At Rising Ground, we encourage everyone to live a healthier life. When you enroll in health care benefits — medical, dental, and vision care, you and your family can take advantage of each plan’s preventive services, which will help everyone to stay well. Another way to remain healthy is to eat right and keep active. Ultimately, we all benefit when we make the right choices, whether through diet and exercise or health care services. You can also take advantage of other important benefits, including life and accident, disability benefits, the retirement savings plan, and the employee assistance program.
The Relationship Abuse Prevention Program (RAPP) at STEPS is seeking a skilled social worker to serve as a RAPP Coordinator at a DOE middle or high school campus. During the academic year, the RAPP Coordinator works independently within a New York City public school, providing direct services to students. The Coordinator’s role in the school includes providing education and counseling around issues of relationship abuse, genderbased violence, healthy relationships, and related topics. During the summer months, RAPP facilitates an intensive summer training program for selected middle and high school students to become RAPP Peer Leaders. Core responsibilities include:
▪ Provide individual, group, and crisis counseling
▪ Facilitate classroom workshops
▪ Develop and deliver trainings for staff, parents and community
▪ Maintain accurate case files
▪ Work collaboratively as part of a team in the design and implementation of the RAPP summer program
▪ Participate actively in weekly individual and team supervision
▪ Complete related paperwork in a timely manner
▪ Opportunity to supervise MSW interns
• Master’s degree in social work and LMSW required (within 6 months)
• Strong and diverse clinical skills;
• Knowledge and understanding of intimate partner violence, teen relationship abuse issues, and adolescent development and trauma;
• Passion for incorporating reflective practice around issues of race, oppression, and intersectionality into clinical work;
• Proficiency working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles;
• Meaningful commitment to practicing from a healing-centered, anti-oppressive stance;
• Ability to work with flexibility, independence, accountability, passion, and humor.
Starting Annual Salary $63,000
We encourage people with similar backgrounds to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job ID: 2023-2450
External Company Name: Rising Ground, Inc
External Company URL: https://careers-risingground.icims.com/jobs/intro?hashed=-435649342
Street: 151 Lawrence Street