HNY Ferry LLC Seasonal Fuel Team Member in Brooklyn, New York
NYC Ferry is seeking Seasonal Fuel Team Members
City Experiences passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40- year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25 brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If youre an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
As a member of the seasonal fuel team, you will be responsible for safe, accurate, and secure fueling operations conducted on NYC Ferry vessels.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive FDNY P15 certification and NYC Ferry fuel training.
- Ensure all aspects of safety during task execution.
- Assist with fueling vessels.
- Accept tasks from the shift Engineering Supervisor and plans/implements execution.
- Clean and generally improve facilities, vessels and equipment as required by the Engineering Supervisor.
- Utilize tools to accomplish designated tasks.
- Use of approved Hazmat required for Paints, Solvents & Cleaning Agents.
- Seek the highest levels of quality and professionalism.
- Work to achieve the highest levels of performance and productivity.
- Assist Engineering Supervisor in ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Assist Engineering Supervisor in ensuring vessel is always in an inspection-ready condition.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences mission, vision, values, and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical ormental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- At least 4 years of experience in a service and/or operations setting Proven track record of working successfully in a team environment Demonstrated ability to bring increased value to task through efficiencies and cost-control Computer literacy with MS Office software
Licenses & CertificationsPreferred
- P-15 Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity