Lowe's Store Seasonal Employee-Building Materials (FT) in Brooklyn, New York
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Seasonal Associate, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
• Ensuring merchandise is stocked and presented appropriately for customers.
• Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Seasonal Associate includes one of the following positions Assembler, Receiver/Stocker, Customer Service Associate (CSA) - Sales Floor, CSA Loader, CSA Front End, typically in a temporary capacity. All employees support Lowe’s mission by providing excellent customer service through greeting customers, responding to customer inquiries, and assisting them in locating, selecting, demonstrating, preparing, or loading merchandise. Additionally, each role has specific key responsibilities that contribute to Lowe‘s mission to provide quality service and the right products, for example: assembling merchandise (Assembler), distributing and stocking merchandise (Receiver/Stocker), loading merchandise for customers (CSA Loader), assisting with shopping needs (CSA Sales Floor), and processing sales and returns (CSA Front End). This is not an exhaustive list of duties, and Seasonal Associates may be asked to help with other duties as needed. Individuals applying for Seasonal Associate may be considered for any one of these roles, depending on hiring needs.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Seasonal: Generally scheduled 10 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon, and evening availability any day of the week, except Receiver/Stocker which requires late evening, night-time, and early morning availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance. (Except CSA Front End)
• Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance. (Only CSA Front End)
What You Need To Succeed
• Assembler & Receiver/Stocker – Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
• CSAs (Loader, Front-End, and Sales Floor) – 6 months of experience using a computer, including: inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information AND 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
• Assembler & Receiver/Stocker – 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
• CSAs (Loader, Front-End, and Sales Floor) – 6 months of retail experience, performing tasks such as: identifying and selling products based on customer needs; explaining warranties, product features, and benefits; assisting customers in locating products; building customer relationships; identifying and resolving customer issues; zone recovery; and housekeeping.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job ID: 1705662BR
Line of Business: Store
Job Category: Store Operations
Department: LWSSTRBuilding Materials
Employment Type I: Temporary
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 2284
Location Name: Brooklyn, NY
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs