Good Shepherd Services Summer Camp Trip Counselor in Brooklyn, New York
Summer Camp Trip Counselors assist our summer camp groups on their summer trips. Our summer camps go on many different trips throughout the summer. As a camp counselor you will assist groups in supervising these trips, safely travel to and from Camp and provide an enriching experience for our campers. You will work with different camps.
Reports to: Division Coordinator
Location: Division home base
Hours: Flexible, part time
• Supervise campers on trips.
• Carry trip supplies.
• Keep accurate head counts and “roll calls” throughout the trip.
• Work with different staff and campers in positive manner.
• Arrive on time and when you are late or absent notify your supervisor before you are due at work.
• Attend all staff meetings and mandatory trainings.
• Develop and maintain a safe environment.
• Maintain strict adherence to policies and procedures at all times.
• Assist with all travel responsibilities like leading the line, blocking traffic or supervision of children.
• Ensure the spaces we have used are kept neat and orderly.
• Discuss all safety issues and behavior problems with your supervisor as they emerge.
• If you are experiencing conflict and concerns go to your supervisors and or a director.
• Inspect all facilities, equipment, and supplies and be sure all safe and in working order and are locked away securely at the end of each day.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• A commitment to working with youth from a variety of backgrounds, while providing high quality services.
• A commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
General Requirements: All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.