Win (Women In Need) Team Leader, Maintenance in Brooklyn, New York
Title of Position: Maintenance Team Leader FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Director
Purpose of thePosition:
The Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the building, ensuring a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors. The person in this position takes the lead on special maintenance projects and provides direction to maintenance staff.
· Use the Maintenance Data System (MDS) to track and monitor building all maintenance and repairs. Along with running work order reports.
· Provide 24 hour emergency coverage when the Maintenance Director, Facility manager is not available.
· Maintain a safe, clean and pleasant environment for all staff, residents and visitors.
· Provide the supervisor and director with specific information concerning maintenance priorities.
· Provide daily cleaning of the facility and facility grounds, including snow and ice removal.
· Maintain reports on the exterior of the building free from graffiti and other conditions that are unsightly.
· Repair or replace damaged furniture, appliances and equipment as needed.
· Spackle, sand and paint walls and ceilings as required.
· Perform minor plumbing repairs.
· Perform routine monthly unit maintenance inspections.
· Conduct routine inspections and perform seasonal cleaning and repairs of A/C and heating units.
· Inspect and repair smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
· Repair and change door locks.
· Sheetrock walls.
· Accept supervision and direction from the maintenance managers.
· Perform minor electrical repairs.
· Monitor records about building maintenance and repairs, vendor visits & inspection findings
· Perform other related duties as directed by a Facility manager or transitional housing manage.
· Act as backup for supervisor for all monthly joint Program/facility meetings.
· Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to ascend/descend up to 8 flights of stairs.
· Must be able to work with hazardous substances with proper protective equipment.
· Commitment to Win’s mission, vision, and values.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Valid, clean driver’s license a plus.
· Ability to interact effectively with the client population.
· Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish is a plus.
· Leadership: Sets an example by following Win policies and procedures. Acts with a high degree of professionalism and has good work ethics.
· Facilitating Change: Delivers high quality results consistently. Seeks to learn new skills and participates in professional development.
· Managing Performance: Works effectively with peers and interacts respectfully with
clients and coworkers. Participates actively in team meetings. Demonstrates empathy.
· Applying and Developing Expertise: Demonstrates depth of knowledge and skilland applies technical knowledge to solve a range of problems.
· Communicating and Collaborating: Understands and embodies the values and mission of Win. Keeps the supervisor informed about progress and problems.
Win is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.