Cannon Design Accountant in Buffalo, New York
- Prepare consolidated monthly financial statements for multiple locations and service lines for review by leadership.
- Prepare, monitor and review other accounting related reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and report to leadership on variances from budget versus actual results on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Participate in the annual budget process including developing files for input, reviewing/estimating expenses, analyzing payroll trends versus revenue, assisting leaders with developing their budgets, consolidating and reviewing for reasonableness.
- Balance and reconcile accounts on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.Resolve accounting discrepancies as noted or assigned.
- Prepare other financial reporting needs on an ad hoc basis including surveys, census and internal requests.
- Assist the fiscal year-end audit process including managing questions and sharing of documents with the auditors.
- Assist the year-end tax process with internal accounting leadership and outside CPA firms.
- Review and/or prepare Sales Tax and required corporate filings.
- Assist in tax preparations.
- Maintain accounting control procedures. Ensure financial policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years related experience and CPA, or 5 years related experience without a CPA.
- Audit and tax experience with a public accounting firm highly desirable.
- Must be detail oriented, an analytical thinker, possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office is required, including exceptional Excel skills. MS Dynamics experience is a plus.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly