Albright Knox Art Gallery Art Truck Program Coordinator in Buffalo, New York
Buffalo. Albright Knox Art Gallery. Art Truck Program Coordinator (Community Organizer). FT.
Application Deadline: July 31st, 2019.
ART TRUCK PROGRAM COORDINATOR (COMMUNITY ORGANIZER)
The Art Truck Program Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Education and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Art Truck is a new Albright-Knox Art Gallery traveling initiative that will be launched
during the summer of 2019. We are seeking an inaugural coordinator to develop the Art
Truck program, working in concert with the Director of Education and Community
Engagement to create a strategy and plan, and manage the launch and implementation of
the program. The Art Truck Program Coordinator is responsible for developing and
implementing programs for a wide variety of audiences, including families, children, adults,
and seniors, in Buffalo and Western New York, in partnership with schools, libraries, and
Art Truck Programs
* Develop and implement Art Truck programs for audiences of all ages, working with
members of the Education and Community Engagement department to create a menu of
activities and lessons that will be delivered through the program.
* Develop intersections between Art Truck programs and existing programs with members
of the Education and Community Engagement department.
* Develop a strategic vision for the Art Truck in concert with the Director of Education and
Community Engagement and in alignment with the museum's strategic plan, and
manage the implementation of that vision.
* Manage the logistics of the program, including the program schedule, teacher and
assistant schedule, and driving the truck to program locations.
* Track and report on progress towards the success of the strategic vision for the Art
* Manage existing relationships with schools, libraries, and community organizations
across Buffalo and Western New York.
* Seek new partnerships for the Art Truck with schools, libraries, and community
* Provides support for large scale Education and Community Engagement programs where
* Represent the Education and Community Engagement department at selected meetings
and committees both inside and outside the museum.
* Prepare and oversee budgets for areas of responsibility.
* Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Education and Community Engagement.
* Successful history of working in partnership with schools, libraries, and/or community
* Experience planning public programs or events, especially in a museum or cultural
organization setting. Experience delivering arts-focused programs desirable.
* Experience working with children and/or families required; experience with adult and
senior audiences desirable.
* Bachelor's Degree in art history, art education, or museum studies desirable.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Attention to detail, organizational skills, flexibility, ability to solve problems expediently.
* Commitment and ability to work in a team environment.
* Must have valid driver's license.
* Must be available to work some weekends and evenings.
Follow link to apply online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=62a3d3a8-