Canisius College Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance in Buffalo, New York
Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
Apply now (https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/810/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=494876&lJobSourceTypeID=796&sLanguage=en-us) Job no: 494876
Work type: Full-time Staff
Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance
Canisius College seeks an Assistant/Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance. Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and Atlantic Hockey Conference. The Assistant Director of Athletics for Compliance is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive NCAA Division I, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Atlantic Hockey, New York State and institutional compliance program for Canisius College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be knowledgeable and current with all applicable NCAA, conference and department rules and regulations. Provide written updates and interpretations of current, new and proposed NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Research and respond to inquiries regarding rules and compliance interpretations.
• Oversee and ensure departmental compliance with all NCAA, conference and institutional rules and policies.
• Athletic Department liaison with Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, Student Athletic Academic Advisor, the NCAA, Eligibility Center, and the MAAC Compliance Office to ensure institutional compliance.
• Develop and coordinate pro-active rules education seminars/materials for student-athletes (yearly), coaches (monthly), and all athletic staff members (monthly) on NCAA and conference rules and regulations. Develop educational materials/presentations for support departments (Registrar, Blue/Gold Fund, Alumni Office, Development Office, Financial Aid, and Residence Life) on a yearly basis.
• Coordinate educational sessions for high school guidance counselors and student-athletes as requested.
• Work in conjunction with the College President, Director of Athletics, Associate Director of Athletics/Senior Woman Administrator, Faculty Athletic Representative and Intercollegiate Athletic Board in the investigation and/or reporting of alleged violations.
• Provide information and/or, prepare reports for documentation submitted to the NCAA and conferences to include, but not limited to: waivers, NCAA violations, appeals, Revenue Distribution report, Sport Sponsorship and Demographic report, Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act report, and APR/graduation rate reports.
• Develop and implement systems and procedures to ensure compliance and tracking of all NCAA and conference rules (i.e., National Letter of Intent, recruiting, financial aid limits, playing season, eligibility, etc.).
• Maintains utilization and operation of the institutional compliance software system in an effort to ensure that all coaches, staff and administrators are up-to-date on how to operate the systems and properly monitor functional usage to review official/unofficial visits, CARA, complimentary tickets, recruiting activity, playing and practice logs, NLIs, declaration of playing seasons, roster management, etc. Triages technical issues as necessary and/or appropriate.
• Work with Associate Director of Athletics/SWA to closely monitor sport financial aid limitations and department athletic scholarship budgets. Work closely with Assistant Director of Financial Aid in issuing athletic grants-in-aid.
• Develop and implement a collaborative process for certification of initial, transfer and continuing eligibility with the assistance of the Student Athletic Academic Advisor.
• Accept responsibility for the dissemination of all important compliance related information/materials from Department, Conferences and NCAA to the required staff members.
• To participate in continuous training and development including attending the NCAA Regional Rules Seminar and conference compliance meetings.
• Supervise the Compliance staff, including but not limited to interns, graduate assistants and student workers.
• Athletic event supervision duties
• Other duties as assigned.
• Applicant must have the ability to work compatibly and cooperatively with the staff and personnel in the department of Athletics and other College departments.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required (Master’s Degree preferred).
• Knowledge of compliance office in an NCAA Division I institution
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and report in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ability to work in a complex office environment while helping to maintain an atmosphere of professionalism, cooperation, service, and teamwork.
• Working knowledge of compliance software (i.e. ARMS)
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the office of human resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go tohttps://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius.Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is an exempt, full-time, 12-month position which reports to the Associate Director of Athletics/Senior Woman Administrator and to include the Director of Athletics on matters regarding NCAA violations. Benefits are available the first of the month after the full-time employee’s date of hire and include – health, dental and vision insurance, life and long term disability insurance, and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees with contribution from College after one year. Paid holidays, vacation, personal leave and sick leave. Tuition benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Advertised: 14 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time