University at Buffalo Center Director in Buffalo, New York
Position Title: Center Director
Posting Number: U1900015
Employer: University Affiliates
The Director of the University at Buffalo Child Care Center is responsible for all activities that relate to the day-to-day operational and educational affairs of the Center involving children, parents, staff, University personnel, and the at-large community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the recruitment, selection and assignment of Center Staff • Supervise, coach, mentor and evaluate the performance of the Center Staff • Work with the Executive Director to develop vision and oversee the implementation of staff professional development plan • Communicate with all Staff, Team Members and Executive Director on a regular basis • Communicate effectively with families, University representatives, NYS licensing, and others within the community • Work with Executive Director in maintaining and establishing new policies • Models, supports, and reinforces the UBCCC mission and philosophy in his/her daily behavior Operational: • Ensures Center is in compliance with all state safety, fire, programming, and staffing regulations as required by NYS OCFS licensing, NAEYC accreditation and NYS Quality Stars • Ensures a safe and clean center at all times. This includes monitoring of center environment, equipment, and materials • Maintains current knowledge of early childhood best practices • Attends center meetings as scheduled • Ensures that necessary record-keeping is kept current and up-to-date • Quarterly observations of Lead Teachers with immediate follow-up and recorded meetings • Complete written yearly evaluations of staff • The Director is specifically responsible for serving as the primary contact to whom parents and staff can bring their concerns, and for bringing those concerns to the Executive Director as appropriate • Complies with all UBCCC policies and procedures • Prepare monthly Director Reports to be given to the Executive Director
Training: • Attend and participate in management meetings and staff meetings • Attend in-service training and job related seminars
• Responsible for the development and evaluation of Center programs and activities as appropriate to meet the educational and developmental needs of each age group. Curriculum development is a cooperative venture in consultation with teaching staff, and is to include field trip activities and special programs.
• Responsible for communication between parents and the Center with respect to each child’s progress and development. The Director will also develop and present special parent programs in the area of Early Childhood Development, proper nutrition, health, etc., and any additional areas where the Director detects a need within the parent population. • Responsible for consulting with the Program Coordinators and Lead Teachers in the planning and implementation of special Center activities such as field trips, open houses, parent meetings, and seasonal and cultural celebrations as appropriate to the overall curriculum. • Plans the Center lunch menu in conjunction with the Campus Food Service or other food vendors, and will oversee the purchase of food for snacks and special activities. The Director will work with the Lead Teachers to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate the special dietary and other nutritional requirements of individual children.
• Responsible for fostering academic program links with the University at Buffalo and other institutions of higher education. Examples of these links include student internship programs and permitting institutionally-approved researchers to solicit parents for their or their children’s participation in relevant research studies. The Director will at all times ensure that such activities do not interfere with the Center’s paramount responsibility of ensuring the physical, emotional, and psychological safety and welfare of the children enrolled at the Center, and that such activities are not unduly disruptive to Center operations.
• Coordinates special events and community events • Represent UBCCC to the general public and community • Create liaisons and take a leadership role in the community • Establish and maintain effective relationships with alumni families, corporate sponsors and donors
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher degree in early childhood education (ECE) or a related major (child development, elementary education, early childhood special education) • Proven leadership experience • Ability to coordinate, process and work as part of a team • An ability to manage personal workload and agenda independently but in alignment with the priorities for the center • An open mind for critical and creative thinking • Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and work independently • Superior attention to detail and level of accuracy • Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentational skills • Knowledge of NYSOCFS Licensing Regulations, NAEYC Accreditation Standards and research processes and NYS Quality Stars Standards • Ability to represent UBCCC positively • Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Deadline for Applicants: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting: 19502