University at Buffalo Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Administration in Buffalo, New York
Position Title: Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Administration
Posting Number: F220144
The Graduate School of Education at the University at Buffalo, State University of New York invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) position in the Department of Educational Leadership and Policy to start in Fall 2023.
We aim to bring in a colleague whose work can help us to understand how to prepare and support high quality school leaders for diverse contexts and whose work seeks to address systemic and structural inequities in educational systems.
The University at Buffalo is New York State’s largest and most comprehensive public university. A premier center for graduate and professional education, UB is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, placing it among the leading research- intensive public universities in the United States. Based upon their research and scholarly productivity, as well as key leadership roles served in professional associations, faculty members of the Graduate School of Education are acknowledged, both in the U.S. and abroad, as leaders in their respective fields.
The successful applicant will have primary duties in leading and administering our Doctorate in Education (EdD) in Educational Administration. The successful applicant will play a supporting role in leading our highly successful leadership preparation program, the Leadership Initiative for Tomorrow’s Schools ( LIFTS ). Faculty in this area demonstrate a commitment to creating a collegial academic environment characterized by equity, diversity, inclusion, and social justice.
● Serving as director of the EdD in Educational Administration.
● Contributing to ongoing development and evaluation of the EdD and LIFTS .
● Advising students in the EdD program.
● Completing all state and university documentation for program development, program provision, and program evaluation.
● Working with partners on continual program development and provision.
● Teaching courses in the EdD and LIFTS programs during the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
● Collaborating with faculty members across the department, Graduate School of Education, and the UB Campus.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages (http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/uup.html) .
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo (http://buffalo.edu/) .
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic university community committed to teaching and working in an affirming, just, and inclusive environment. Potential applicants, who share this goal, including veterans and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We honor the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, its elders and ancestors, on which the University at Buffalo is located.
● Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Educational Administration, Education Policy, or related field of study preferred
● Experience successfully leading in Pre-12 schools and districts
● Experience directing and administering academic programs
● Experience advising graduate students
● Demonstrated ability to supervise student projects
● Teaching experience in university setting in online, seated, and hybrid formats
● History of or strong potential for collaboration
Deadline for Applicants: Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting: 36861