Erie 2-Chautauqua-Cattaraugus BOCES Computer Science Teacher in Buffalo, New York
Computer Science Teacher
Health Sciences Charter School
1140 Ellicott Street
Buffalo , NY 14209
Certified - Area - Other
Job Number 3300035934
Open Date 07/14/2022
Closing Date 09/01/2022
Job title - Computer Science Teacher
Reports to - Principal, Assistant Principals, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Status - Full-time
2) Instruct students on how computers work, including the basic science and mathematics behind their operation and the hardware and the software built on those foundations.
3) Teach how to write computer programs and algorithms.
4) Provides a diverse perspective when working with Students, parents, colleagues, and PLC members.
5) Maintains professional standards per HSCS in an urban environment.
6) Participates in PLC; daily participation and motivation to collaboratively improve PLC.
7) Engages in a diverse community based programming with regional colleagues and healthcare providers.
8) Observes and evaluates the students' performance, progress, behavior, social development and physical health.
9) Instructs students effectively through lectures, discussions, class activities, demonstrations and other creative forms of education of the curriculum their courses require and maintain a balance of these different educational strategies.
10) Implements teaching methods according to what is appropriate to students' needs and interests.
11) Establishes and enforces rules of classroom conduct throughout the educational process while adhering to all administrative policies and rules governing the students.
12) Prepares, administers and grades tests and assignments that are a reflection of what students will be evaluated on during NYS Regents, Advanced Regents and Advanced Placement testing.
13) Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignments, including transition to teaching programs.
NYS Teaching Certification, Computer Science (K-12), Math (7-12) with computer science experience
Proficiency in microsoft office, electronic management, grading, and other instructional technologies.
Teaching in an urban setting is strongly desired.
Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
What We Offer
HSCS offers an excellent working environment supported by our shared leadership team to ensure each person's strengths can be utilized and fostered. Our teachers have the ability to be flexible in the creation of their curriculum to meet students' needs.
We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience, performance incentive programs, leadership opportunities, ability to earn additional stipends through extracurricular participation, tuition reimbursement, generous 403B contribution matching and a comprehensive benefits package.
HSCS believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and an inclusive organization that enables our community to thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please make sure to complete an application by clickinghere (https://wnyric.atenterprise.powerschool.com/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=00005387) for this job posting.
Posting Link healthsciencescharterschool.org