Brady Worldwide, Inc. Engineering Intern (Manufacturing) in Buffalo, New York
Company Overview: Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady's products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2020, employed approximately 5,400 people in its worldwide business. Brady's fiscal 2020 sales were approximately $1.08 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Work Place Safety (WPS) Americas is a platform of Brady Corporation. WPS consists of workplace safety and compliance products, which include informational signs, tags, security, first aid supplies, material handling, asset identification, safety and facility identification and workplace regulatory products. These products are sold under multiple brands names such as: Emedco, Seton, Clement, Champion and Personnel Concepts; through catalog, telemarketing, and ecommerce.
The 2021 Engineering Continuous Improvement Internship will be available starting immediately (15 to 20 hours per week) with the potential to continue full time throughout the summer.
The internship will focus on key company initiatives based around improving manufacturing efficiencies. This individual will contribute towards that effort along with the existing Engineering and Continuous Improvement team and will need to be comfortable working with all levels within the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Contributes to and/or leads documentation and training of manufacturing processes
* Contributes to and/or leads creation/change of dept level metrics
* Contributes to identifying and working on projects to improve manufacturing efficiency
* Contributes to identifying and working on projects to improve material scrap
* Contributes to identifying and working on projects to improve quality
* Contributes to identifying and working on shop floor layout including raw material storage
* Contributes to identifying and working on improvement of processes & systems
* Contributes to identifying and working on implementing programs/systems to improve inventory accuracy
* Contributes to developing plans, schedules, and budgets for projects to improve/automate existing manufacturing processes.
* Contributes to monitoring existing processes to make sure they continue to perform at optimal levels of efficiency.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Currently enrolled in BS Degree in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
* Experience with flow chart tools such as Lucid or Visio
* Experience with Microsoft Excel including building formulas, pivot tables and macros
* Experience conducting time studies
* Understanding of lean principles
* Team oriented
* Effective communicator
* Developed decision making abilities
* Leadership based on ideas that contribute to team performance
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster at EEOPost.pdf