Buffalo Public Schools Extended School Year (ESY) 2021 - Full Day - RB#20-266a in Buffalo, New York
Title:Extended School Year (ESY) 2021 - Full Day - RB#20-266a
BOARD OF EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-266a EXTENDED SCHOOL YEAR (ESY) 2021 SUMMER SPECIAL EDUCATION - #79 & #89 FULL DAY IN PERSON AND VIRTUAL MAY 14, 2021
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for teaching positions at the following School:
School Location: #79 & #89 Times: TBD In person and virtual Hours and locations are subject to change based upon student needs and budget Travel between sites may be required
Classes to be held: July 6 – August 13, 2021
In the tenure areas of: SPECIAL EDUCATION REMEDIAL SPEECH/BILINGUAL SPEECH SOCIAL WORKER SCHOOL COUNSELOR TEACHERS OF THE HEARING IMPAIRED/DEAF TEACHERS OF THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED PHYSICAL EDUCATION
REQUIRED TEACHER SET-UP/ORIENTATION DAYS: July 1 and 2, 2021 (3.5 hour sessions, paid at hourly rate).
Candidates for Buffalo Public Schools Summer School are eligible to work for only one of the programs.
Please review the dates carefully. FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE STUDENTS AND CONTINUITY OF THE PROGRAM, TEACHERS ARE EXPECTED TO SERVE THE FULL TERM OF THE PROGRAM.
APPLICATION : Candidates must complete an application form available on the District website, https://buffaloschools.applicantstack.com/x/openings
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must be New York State or Buffalo certified in the tenure area that they are applying to work in (ie- Special Education, Physical Education, School counselor, Social Work, Speech, Vision, Hearing). Priority in the selection of teachers will be given to qualified permanent/ tenured/probationary/temporary Buffalo Public School teachers in order of summer school seniority. Summer school seniority is defined as previous years of BPS summer employment in a classroom setting. Only current and active BPS employees earn summer school seniority.
· Plan, prepare and deliver virtual and/or in person, age appropriate instructional activities that facilitate engaging and effective learning experiences.
· Develop lesson plans and prepare for class activities in virtual and/or in person modes.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Record and take accurate attendance daily for all periods.
· Utilize a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
· Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
· Instruct and monitor students in the use of virtual and/or in person learning materials and equipment.
· Use relevant district technology to support instruction including but not limited to Schoology, Nearpod, etc.
· Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
· Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
· Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
· Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
· Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
· Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
· Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
· Prepare required reports on students and activities.
· Manage the virtual and/or in person environment to promote high student engagement by establishing classroom rules and maintain student behavior.
· Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the virtual and/or in person summer school program.
· Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians to monitor virtual and/or in person student participation.
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
· Attend scheduled virtual and/or in person meetings and professional development as scheduled by the building representative.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of summer school seniority, training, credentials, certifications and evaluation of service. Interviews shall
be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Teacher hourly rate or daily based on BTF contract.
FUND #: Pending funding
FINAL DATE FOR FILING: UNTIL FILLED
DR. KRINER CASH, SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS