WIVB/WNLO Local Sales Manager in Buffalo, New York
It's fun to work in a company where people believe in what they do!
WIVB-TV is stationed between historic downtown Buffalo and beautiful Niagara Falls. To those who are unfamiliar with Western New York, Buffalo may just be another “rising” city. But to all of us at WIVB-TV, we know it’s much more than just chicken wings and beef on weck. It’s the City of Good Neighbors, the Queen City, or simply - home.
Looking for stuff to do? Well, we’ve got tons. Check it out right here!
From the ever-growing Waterfront development, the changing seasons, wine country, and pro sports (with passionate fans like you’ve never seen before) and the flavorful food, it’s pretty tough to beat the unique, local feel!
We’re a big city without big city congestion. Be a part of a welcoming community, a great place to live life with plenty of room to grow.
Our brand is LOCAL and we live it every day with local news coverage by our enthusiastic news team.
We offer factual news and locally produced programming with market-wide digital delivery on https://www.wivb.com
WIVB is seeking a Local Sales Manager who will be responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Local Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
Additional Job Description:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales team
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
• Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
• Drive new business development
• Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share and New Business.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
• Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
• Manages Accounts Receivable
• Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
• Communicate effectively with all members of the sales staff and other departments
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum five years of media sales experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience directing personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic and Sales, Matrix, comScore and Microsoft is preferred
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled