Citigroup NAM ICG Operations, Summer Analyst - Getzville (North America - 2022) in Buffalo, New York
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
The Operations Summer Analyst 2022 Program provides the opportunity for new employees to both learn about the Financial Services Industry and develop the necessary professional competencies to be successful within ICG Operations. As technological breakthroughs rapidly shift the frontier between the work tasks performed by humans and those performed by machines and algorithms, global markets are undergoing major transformations. These transformations are providing new challenges for Financial Operations Analysts as Citi seeks to be the best for its clients, to harness new and emerging technologies to reach higher levels of efficiency, to expand into new markets, and compete for a global increasingly digital client base.
The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Operations support the Capital Markets Investment Banking arm of Citi as well as Cash, Trade and Cards businesses. Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and provides full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades, and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
Your time here will look something like this...
The ICG Operations Summer Analyst Program is designed to impact operations process modernization and transformation with innovative solutions and technical efficiencies. The program embraces modern learning practices and is based around a winning combination of: business-simulations, team-based challenges and projects to reinforce new skills, self-directed study with access to industry leading materials.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
"This Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week program and typically starts in June each year. Summer Analysts are eligible to participate in Citi’s mentorship program, which will provide further training and guidance throughout the program. The program covers the knowledge and key skills you need to thrive in the financial operations workplace of the future:
• Banking and Financial Markets, Asset Classes, Trade Flows, Risk Management and Regulation
• Professional skills including complex problem solving, critical thinking, client delivery and emotional intelligence
• Technological literacy including analytics and automation "
We want to hear from you if...
• You are in your penultimate year of university (Graduation date in May/June 2022)
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Management Systems, Mathematics or other related degrees
• A GPA of 3.0 or above is preferred
• You are a U.S. citizen, U.S permanent resident or possess other unrestricted U.S. work authorization and will not require sponsorship for U.S. work authorization now or anytime in the future.
• You apply a continual focus on improving productivity and efficiency; while seeking new and innovative ways to support our clients changing needs
• You bring a fresh perspective to actively drive change
• You have effective written and oral communication skills and strong analytical skills/Microsoft products
• You have a strong record of achievement (academic and otherwise)
• You have a passion for exquisite customer and client service
• You have a flexible and hardworking approach with the ability to perform well in a dynamic fast paced environment. "
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
• Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn and be successful in a team environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Analytical and quantitative skills
• Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
• Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision
• Strategic thinkers and solutions orientated"
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citigroup Jobs