Rich Products Corporation Network Modeling Intern 32165 in Buffalo, New York
Rich's, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich's is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich's-Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Rich Products is looking to hire a Network Modeling Intern for Summer 2022. Candidate must be either a Junior/Senior or an MS graduate student pursuing a degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Supply Chain, or a similar field.
Candidate(s) selected will work with the Network Design and Optimization team on modeling projects pertaining to supply chain network design or production optimization, through assistance in new model creation or model maintenance and enhancement.
Support Supply Chain modeling, data management, and analytics efforts through:
* Reporting and analysis of disparate data sets
* Model enhancement and maintenance for network design, distribution, or production models
* Data visualization and story telling for presentation to stakeholders
Additional experience includes:
* Operations Research methodology such as linear programming, simplex method
* Reporting or analysis using Excel VBA, SQL, SAS, Python, or other programming language or ETL tool
* Exposure to visualization or dashboard creation
* Optimization using Excel Solver, Coupa's Supply Chain Guru, LogicNet Plus, or similar package
* Experience with data manipulation and comfort with handling messy and disparate data
* Knowledge of optimization principles and methodologies for using software packages, familiarity with network optimization, production optimization, and distribution optimization
* Ability to think critically and challenge business norms
* Able to work individually and be part of a collaborative team
* Thrive in a fast-paced and often-changing environment
* Proven work ethic and passion for projects
* Strong communication (written & verbal) skills
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please contact Rich's Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf