General Mills Seasonal Production in Buffalo, New York
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
General Mills - Buffalo is currently accepting applications for full-time temporary seasonal employment to begin on June 1st, 2020 and continue through September/October.
Position includes general labor in either our Cereal or Flour facilities. Some fork lift operation possible.
Seasonals are assigned to either Flour ($13.30/hr) or Cereal ($13.66) on their start date PLUS overtime opportunities and shift differential.
Seasonal employees may be considered for full-time opportunities during or after their employment as a seasonal, based on business need and individual performance.
*Must be willing to work any shift (days, afternoons, nights), weekends, and holidays - no exceptions.
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Support production lines by supplying with materials as needed
* Perform various sanitation and clean up duties
* Forklift operation
* Be responsible for executing all required HACCP processes and documentation
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* MUST be willing and able to work any shift (days, afternoons, nights), weekends, and holidays - *no exceptions*
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
* Demonstrated leadership ability.
General Mills is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply to any General Mills employment opportunities.
Employer's Job# 10608826
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.