Cannon Design Senior Payroll Coordinator in Buffalo, New York
- Maintain employee data in accounting system including new hire set up, employee changes, termination calculations, PTO accrual, set up and postings.
- Experience in timekeeping system integration.
- Weekly review, reconciliation, posting of timesheets and associated labor adjustments with knowledge of state overtime reporting requirements.
- Administer tracking and follow-up of late timesheets with associated accounting processes.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for U.S. and Canada companies including hours upload, calculation, reconciliation, and processing.
- Maintains employee direct deposit and Federal/State tax changes.
- Administer for employee garnishments.
- Prepare off-cycle final payments for terminated employees.
- Assist in weekly/monthly preparation of benefit invoices as required.
- Performs new hire SSN/SIN verifications.
- Administer disability hour changes for timesheet preparation and payback adjustments.
- Working knowledge of reporting system. Run associated staffing, labor, deduction reports for use by other users.
- Assist with month-end and year-end reporting requirements to outside agencies.
- Main contact of support for employee questions and issues as it relates to payroll.
- May handle other responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years related payroll experience is required.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, or an additional 2 years related payroll experience required in lieu of education.
- Payroll processing and report writing experience required.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounting principles and methods.
- Canadian payroll experience is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and teaming skills.
- Relevant software payroll experience, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics would be an asset.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly