Cannon Design Senior Technology Engineering Designer in Buffalo, New York
- Establishes and communicates assignment to team members. Oversees team progress and coordinates team activities and goals
- Works with A/E design team to identify technology scope and implement design of technology systems in multiple markets.
- Works with team to integrate projects, communicate and analyze information, and documents project implementation.
- Coordinates assigned project requirements and schedules with other disciplines. Understands what documentation is needed and prepares contract documents with assistance of the technology team.
- Ability to design structured cabling systems, knowledge of systems hardware for specification and design.
- Working knowledge of audio/visual systems, electronic security systems, nurse call, distributed antenna systems, outside plant, data networking, LAN/WAN, voice and data architecture and data centers.
- Understanding of applicable design codes including NFPA, FGI, NEC, BICSI and EIA/TIA.
- Understands IT system integration with overall building design, including space planning and technology impacts, and an ability to blend technical solutions with business practices and personnel needs.
- Manage multiple and/or large projects from concept stage through construction in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Meet with clients to learn user needs, collaborate with project team, and develop engineering concepts and recommendations.
- Demonstrated success at negotiating and securing new assignments on major projects.
- Visits job site to assess conflicts and make recommendations for resolution.
- Oversees the identification of staff members' developmental needs. Review departmental evaluations and selects individuals for further training and/or advancement.
- Motivates and provides ongoing mentorship and constructive feedback to project team. Participates in the provision of ongoing feedback and mentorship across project teams.
- Evaluates and attracts candidates for new positions in department or the overall firm.
- Checks proposal drafts and provides guidance as needed. Establishes timelines for proposal preparation and clarifies necessary content.
- Understands clients' developmental needs; capable of establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clients; orchestrates changes in response to changes in clients' stated needs.
- Builds external relationship through networking, community and industry functions.
- Ability to travel from coast to coast in order to meet project and client needs.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Qualified candidates must have 10+ years of related experience.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Audio Systems, Information Technology or a related field preferred.
- RCDD, InfoComm CTS or CTS-D and/or PSP certifications are preferred.
- Must have strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills as well as an ability to engage effectively with clients.
- The ability to handle multiple projects is essential.
- Revit proficiency is preferred.
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Minimum Salary: 31200.00 Maximum Salary: 31200.00 Salary Unit: Yearly