Jacob H. Rottkamp & Son, Inc. Farmworkers & Laborers in Calverton, New York
4 Fulltime Seasonal H2A jobs available 5/15/2020-11/1/2020.
Drive tractors/trucks and perform a variety of crop raising duties pertaining to Asparagus, Strawberries, Cucumbers, Squash, Tomatoes, Sunflowers, Sweet Corn, Pumpkins, and melons. Plow, harrow, plant, hoe, weed, fertilize, pick, cultivate, spray and harvest using a variety of farm machinery. Move irrigation pipes, lift fertilizer bags. Maintain/repair farm implements used in planting/harvesting crops from field to storage. The workers will also load, pack and transport harvested crops from field to storage. Pick stones, clean out and repair fence line.
* 3 months of verifiable experience in above duties.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Repetitive movements.
* Extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping/bending.
* Drug testing required post hire, at employer expense to both domestic and H-2A workers for safety of workers and clients.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm