YMCA of Greater Rochester Assistant Camp Director in Canandaigua, New York
Assistant Camp Director
Canandaigua, NY (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32+N.+Main+St.+Canandaigua+NY+14424) • Canandaigua
$16/hr. to $18/hr. and a Free YMCA Membership
Under the direction of the Camp Director, the Assistant Camp Director is primarily responsible for supervision of staff; the safety of campers and ensuring program schedule is carried out at the day camp site. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Responsible for supervision of Counselors.
• Organize, oversee and develop AM /PM Camper Care including submitting a weekly schedule, job duties and/or assignments for Camper Care hours. Maintain closing checklist posted at camp, sign off on each item.
• Consult with the Camp Director on camp operations, staffing and child behavior issues.
• Responsible for record keeping in areas of attendance, camp development, program scheduling, and evaluations.
• Assist in planning and implementing programs assigned by Camp/Program Director and ensure daily programming is carried out.
• Be on site during daily camp hours of supervision and ensure all campers have been safely picked up, and follow camp protocol for late pick-ups.
• Act as a Unit Director or Counselor when ratio/absences require.
• Work with Camp Director to distribute/produce newsletters, snack and supply purchasing, oversee first aid pieces.
• Familiar with and carries out emergency procedures, building rules and regulations.
• Assist Camp Director to ensure Camp meets all required standards and guidelines set forth by the Department of Health and are ACA accredited at all times.
• Attend all required meetings and trainings.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Associates degree in Early Childhood, Human Services, or Business Administration preferred.
• Must have an interest, knowledge and skills day camp programming.
• Must have the ability to teach and motivate participants of every age and interest.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage several projects at once and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with fellow staff members.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have excellent keyboarding skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to visibly observe children.
• Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and transport equipment from one location to another.
• Ability to lead and demonstrate activities.
• Ability to hear distress signals even when distracted by noise and activity.
The YMCA of Greater Rochester provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
$16 to $18 per hour