St. Lawrence University Coordinator, Office Services in Canton, New York
Position Title Coordinator, Office Services
Reporting to the Manager of Office Services and working in close collaboration, the coordinator assists with management responsibilities and serves as a liaison between creative services and print services. Assists with planning, direction and decisions for day to day management of print services. Lead and technical expert in the implementation and execution of the web to print template system. Assists with production activities, production design, completing month end reports, and managing the department web site. The position will also serve as back up to the manager and assist with print production and/or mailroom workflow during peak times and vacations. The coordinator will support the office services core values of service, pride, excellence, teamwork and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: • Provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a positive and productive relationship with customers and office staff.
• Serve as the liaison between creative services and the print shop, coordinating communications and resources in relation to print production requirements.
• Work in close collaboration with other members of the communications team to recommend creative solutions.
• Back up and assist the manager of Office Services with coordination of responsibilities, payroll approval, paper quotes, preparing print estimates, approving invoices, and provide administrative assistance.
• Production Design –
o Act as a backup production designer to the creative services team.
o Assist customers and print services team with creating or editing files for print production.
• Implement and manage the web to print template system.
• Maintain the Office Services web page, updating information and making changes as needed.
• Coordinates with off-campus printing vendors, assuring that all projects are completed with high quality and within desired timeframes and budgets.
• Utilize project management software for tracking, reporting, and management of deadlines.
• Maintains the strong visual brand identity and personality for the University.
• Data analysis and reporting responsibilities.
• Cross train in all areas to assist with mail and print production needs during peak times or vacations.
• Develop and maintain written documentation on all procedures related to the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in graphic design, graphic arts, marketing or related field required. An equivalent amount of education and experience may be considered.
• Creative thinker with experience using Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Acrobat Professional, InDesign and Photoshop. Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word, and an understanding of network printing, file sharing and navigation.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a technology driven and customer-service oriented work environment. A focus on graphic arts is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills with precise attention to detail required. Flexible and adaptable with changing work priorities.
• Self-starter who excels at performing independently within departmental and university policies and procedures, and work as part of the Communications and Office Services teams.
• Proven ability to read and understand complex, technical information related to various pre- and post-production hardware and software systems. Use of this information to troubleshoot equipment and daily projects for printing issues is required.
• Strong oral, written and listening communication skills required. Excellent visual acuity with attention to detail.
• Strong organizational skills to manage several projects simultaneously, and ability to bring each project from initial concept to completion.
• Ability to give and receive constructive design direction.
• Demonstrates good judgment and the ability to work under pressure with all clients (e.g. students, faculty, staff, and vendors).
• Strong interpersonal and team skills to interface with a broad range of college administrators, staff, external customers and vendors, printers and designers.
• Ability to adapt by learning changing technologies.
• Position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and the ability to move up to 35lb.
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) Full-time (12 months)
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number ST00639
Desired Start Date
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest in the position, a resume, and a list of 3 professional references. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Olga Grant, Manager of Office Services at email@example.com.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
A List of 3 Professional References
- PDF Portfolio