St. Lawrence University Director of Student Financial Services in Canton, New York
Position Title Director of Student Financial Services
Function and Scope
The Director of Student Financial Services is the leader of the Student Financial Services (SFS) team and serves as the chief liaison with students and families regarding student receivable accounts. The key functions of the Student Financial Services office include billing and collection of tuition and fees, communication and counseling to students and families regarding account status, the administration and disbursement of all student loans and grants, and supporting the University’s CWA and Dining Dollar programs,
1. Act effectively as the University bursar to ensure St. Lawrence students and families receive accurate and timely financial information, excellent customer service, and support for completing required tasks to meet financial obligations of attendance.
2. Either directly or through subordinate managerial staff, manage the day-to-day operations of the Student Financial Services office and provide vision, planning, and direction. 3. Work closely with other campus departments and agencies to ensure efficient and effective administration and certification of all loan and aid programs.
4. Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and industry statutes, regulations, and standards for accounting, financial reporting, and other matters related to areas of responsibility. 5. Establish, document, and implement short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures related to student billing. 6. Coordinate the annual Single Audit of federal awards to ensure all audit requirements are met. 7. Communicate with other departments as needed on all issues pertinent to student accounts. Keep Controller informed of issues and concerns pertaining to student accounts or SFS staff. 8. Administer the billing and waiver process for the student health and tuition refund insurance plans. 9. Take the lead on requests, surveys, and reports related to student billing data. 10. Manage the relationship with bank regarding on campus ATM. 11. Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Three (3) years of relevant experience
- Experience supervising employees in a professional setting
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Experience in higher education and/or government and non-profit accounting
- Experience at a college or university Student Financial Services or Bursar office
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) Full-time (12 months)
Posting Number ST00697
Desired Start Date
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application form and include contact information for at least three professional references. The required documents can be uploaded in the “applicant documents” section of the application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Sebastian Notaro, Controller (email@example.com).
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher?
* How many years of related work experience do you have?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Additional Document 1