St. Lawrence University Graduate Assistant Coach - Men's Lacrosse in Canton, New York
Position Title Graduate Assistant Coach - Men's Lacrosse
St. Lawrence University is currently seeking applicants for a Graduate Assistant Coach for Men’s Lacrosse. This 9-month position (August, 2021 – May, 2022) is targeted toward graduate students seeking a master’s degree. Remuneration includes a competitive coaching stipend, student health insurance, and eligibility for tuition remission (6 graduate classes per year in the University’s graduate program).
Responsibilities include providing instruction and assisting in practice preparation, game day duties, recruiting, and administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary.
• A valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements to drive University vehicles required.
• Apply and be accepted in the graduate program at St. Lawrence University.
• Ability to understand the needs of students, colleagues, and communities from diverse backgrounds, identities and intersections. Demonstrate a distinct commitment to creating an equitable and welcoming environment that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) FT Seasonal
Posting Number ST00760
Desired Start Date 08/16/2021
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, diversity statement and a list of 3 professional references. These documents can be uploaded in the “Applicant Documents” section of your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Mike Mahoney, Head Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher?
- Do you hold a valid driver's license?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Diversity Statement (a brief statement about your approach or ideas for promoting diversity and inclusion)
A List of 3 Professional References