St. Lawrence University Head Baseball Coach in Canton, New York
Position Title Head Baseball Coach
St. Lawrence University invites applications and nominations for a full-time head coach responsible for the organization, administration, coaching and recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes for the baseball program.
• The head coach is responsible for all phases of the baseball program.
• Candidates must possess a strong commitment to the academic mission of the University and to a competitive NCAA Division III Athletics Program.
• Primarily responsible for the instruction of athletes. Teaches and directs student-athlete development both on and off the field; ensuring academic success, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University
• Program organization; including practice planning, game preparation, and systems implementation
• Ability to supervise, evaluate and effectively provide direction to one graduate assistant coach.
• Additional duties such as teaching in the SSES minor, game management, fitness center assistant, assistant director of summer sports schools, or other administrative responsibilities will be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Preference will be given to the candidate who has playing and coaching experience at the intercollegiate level.
• Must have the ability to understand the needs of students, colleagues, and communities from diverse backgrounds, identities and intersections.
• Must demonstrate a distinct commitment to creating an equitable and welcoming environment that promotes diversity and inclusion.
• A valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements to drive University vehicles required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) FT Seasonal
Posting Number ST00757
Desired Start Date
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please complete the online application form and upload required documents in the “applicant documents” section of the form.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Randy LaBrake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a bachelor's degree or higher?
- Do you hold a valid driver's license?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Diversity Statement (a brief statement about your approach or ideas for promoting diversity and inclusion)
A List of 3 Professional References