St. Lawrence University Senior Clerk - Procurement Coordinator in Canton, New York
Position Title Senior Clerk - Procurement Coordinator
This position is responsible for administrative functions and customer service for the Purchasing Department. Primary responsibilities include reviewing requisitions, maintaining records, vendor set-up, and serving as the primary interface between customers and University’s p-card program. This position provides customer service regarding policy, procedures and use of financial software system to customers.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of the procurement process to include processing of purchase requisitions to purchase orders, vendor transmission, and distribution to appropriate staff or faculty.
University Travel and Purchasing Credit Card Administration (P-card)
• Provides administrative support related to day-to-day general P-card maintenance including receiving and initiating new cardholder applications and maintaining existing accounts.
• Provides instruction to cardholders regarding P-card policies, procedures and training.
Vendor Database Administration
• Assists with day-to-day administration of the vendor management responsibilities including updates or additions of vendor addresses, and receiving, assessing, distributing, and/or processing vendor related documentation.
Vendor Insurance Tracking
• Verifies that the University’s insurance requirements are met on certificates provided.
Occasional backup duties to include:
• Serve as an in person point of contact for the warehouse receiving/checkout desk.
• Shelving stock and performing inventories.
• Receive and unload deliveries from carriers and vendors including UPS , FedEx, and LTL .
• Must be able to move 100 pounds assisted by proper equipment as part of backup duties.
High School Diploma (or equivalent) required. Associate degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field from an accredited institution preferred. Minimum of three years of experience in a technology driven and customer service oriented work environment with minimal supervision.
• Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
• Experience in customer service environment.
• Familiarity with accounting principles and practices preferred.
• Ability to work individually and as a productive member of a team.
• Ability to assess and demonstrate working knowledge of common procurement principles, best practices and procedures.
• Strong problem solving and business analysis skills.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication (ability to interpret, identify, and restate customer needs, present solutions, and provide information).
• Detail oriented with proven follow-up skills.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong customer service skills with a commitment to meet or exceed customer requirements.
• Ability to operate and train others on the use of handheld devices such as barcode scanners and IPads.
Monday through Thursday
8:00 am – 2pm
Additional hours as needed
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) Part-time (12 months)
Posting Number ST00740
Desired Start Date 03/29/2021
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please complete the online application and include three professional references. Upload a resume and cover letter under the “applicant documents” section of the application.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a high school diploma or GED?
What is the highest level of schooling you have completed?
(Open Ended Question)
How many years of related work experience do you have?
0 - 3 Years
4 - 7 Years
More than 8 Years
Please describe your experience in a customer service oriented environment?
(Open Ended Question)
- Please describe your experience working in a technology driven environment and identify applications you have experience with.
(Open Ended Question)
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Reference Letter 1
Reference Letter 2
Diversity Statement (a brief statement about your approach or ideas for promoting diversity and inclusion)