St. Lawrence University Systems Administrator in Canton, New York
Position Title Systems Administrator
St. Lawrence University invites applications for a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator is a member of the core infrastructure team within the Information Technology Division. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, operation, security, and day to day management of all university infrastructure, core systems, operating systems, software, and user account maintenance. The position requires adaptability, teamwork, organization, and troubleshooting skills as well as a strong commitment to customer service. Occasional evening and weekend hours and maintenance are required. Candidates with senior or mid-level experience will be considered for this position.
• Reports to the Director of IT Applications and Infrastructure with latitude for independent initiative and judgment.
• Responsible for implementing, maintaining, tuning, and monitoring operating systems and services running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Server and Client Editions, Mac OS X, VMware, and other UNIX variants.
• Responsible for implementing and operating server related software that may include but is not limited to; Samba, LDAP , MySQL, MS SQL Servers, Apache, IIS , Microsoft Server stack.
• Participate in and/or lead the management and maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory domain, Exchange, Skype for Business, Teams, Office 365, and Azure environments.
• Participate in and/or lead server and storage implementation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Provide high level, tier 3, support for system services and protocols.
• Participate in daily operational tasks such as proactive maintenance, management, monitoring performance, incident and problem management, security, and backup and recovery across the network infrastructure.
• Assist with developing and maintaining scripts in Perl, Shell, PHP , PowerShell, VBScript as well as other scripting languages to support operating procedures and user interfaces.
• Create new and update existing documentation of services and procedures.
• Ability to implement a project from beginning to end while managing scope and timeline.
• Provide systems related support to and assist client services in the support of campus users.
Minimum Professional Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of experience in information technology. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education or relevant technology certification(s) and experience will be considered.
• System-level familiarity with Windows, Linux, or Macintosh operating systems.
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
• Ability to lift and carry computers or related equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Strong professional ethics and commitment to security and confidentiality.
• Ability to develop positive and productive working relationships.
• Superior communication skills, written and oral.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to act with initiative, tact, and maturity.
• Ability to identify and address client needs.
• Patience in dealing with people of differing abilities and backgrounds.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while providing consistent and reliable results.
• Energetic and motivated team player that can work well under pressure.
• Working knowledge of hardware and software associated with performing in this position.
• Maintains skills and knowledge, obtains appropriate technology training to remain current in this position.
• Bachelor’s degree and more than 4 years of experience with Information technology in an academic environment.
• Experience with any of the following: Exchange/Skype for Business, Microsoft O356/Azure, MSSQL , LAMP , SharePoint, Drupal, Rubrik enterprise backup, Juniper EX service, Aruba, Palo Alto, Server/Desktop virtualization, SAN storage technologies, or Hyper-Converged technologies.
• Experience with programming or scripting languages.
• 2 years of experience in systems administration.
• Project management Experience.
Status (FT, PT, Seasonal, Temp) Full-time (12 months)
Posting Number ST00696
Desired Start Date
Open Date (to accept applications)
Close Date (date applications will not be considered)
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application form and include contact information for at least three professional references. The required documents can be uploaded in the “applicant documents” section of the application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Darrin Goodrow, Associate Vice President for Information Technology/Chief Information Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Diversity Statement (a brief statement about your approach or ideas for promoting diversity and inclusion)
Additional Document 1