Girl Scouts of America Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery in Capital Region, New York
Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery
Council: Girl Scouts Of Northeastern New York
Job Location: NY - Capital Region
Salary Range: $80,000+
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 7657
Post Date: 9/9/2021
The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery directs and oversees all aspects of the council’s Girl and adult membership, programs and volunteers to ensure cohesive design, implementation, delivery and evaluation of a strategy to fulfill the organization’s vision and mission, ensuring high quality and relevant Girl and adult experiences. A key membership of council’s senior leadership team, this position is tasked with driving our membership, volunteer services, community partnerships and Girl leadership programs forward. The VP of Mission Strategy & Delivery is accountable for providing leadership, strategic direction and vision, and creative solutions for the development and achievement of the organization’s mission in partnership with the council’s Chief Executive Officer. The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery will ultimately manage approximately 10 full-time and part-time staff in three Council Service Centers, and ultimate oversight of seasonal camp staff. This entails multi-level staff in the departments of: Volunteer Services, Girl Experiences, Camp and Membership. Candidate should have demonstrated experience in successfully recruiting, hiring, coaching, supervising, developing diverse and high performing staff.
This position oversees a budget of approximately $1 million of a $3.7 million operating budget. Success in this position requires the ability to manage talent in a highly decentralized environment through volunteers, managers, and staff in the field. Recognition of the fundamental and strategic importance of new and retained members and volunteers is essential.
The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery spearheads the development of a comprehensive, multifunctional, integrated plan for program enrichment, membership growth and retention, and volunteer engagement and development. This position will participate in setting strategic direction and implementing council membership growth and retention, program enrichment, volunteer engagement and development.
This position supports the CEO’s efforts to promote Girl Scout visibility and strengthens the Girl Scout image in the community, engendering enduring support from the local communities and businesses. This position also supports the CEO in the stewardship and oversight of the council’s human, material and fiscal assets.
The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery should have a minimum of seven to ten years of progressively responsible senior management experience that would suggest success in a mission-driven and community-oriented organization. Experience in volunteer development and management is highly desirable. A background in youth leadership development would be highly beneficial. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required, with MBA (or equivalent) preferred.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a sustainable, scalable mission delivery model that enables GSNENY to significantly increase the number of girls participating in Girl Scouts, focusing attention on engaging and retaining more girls, adults and families of diverse backgrounds and communities, while continuing to enhance programs and services throughout council. This position is also responsible for increasing troop and alternative program deliveries by creating a well-defined mentoring, development and support structure for volunteers, as an important part of the Council's strategy to reach and serve more girls from all communities.
The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery embraces the principles of the Girl Scout Movement and will find its mission important and compelling. The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery will be a collaborative relationship builder and creative thinker with the ability to manage through others and coach talent to achieve results. The Vice President, Mission Strategy & Delivery should be decisive as well as diplomatic, and be able to accomplish goals through motivation and delegation, and through systems that are designed for effective planning, evaluation, and accountability. This role will have a strong dedication to customer service, particularly with a volunteer base, and will establish and maintain a culture that is inclusive, consensual, team oriented, and respectful.
• Ability to model behavior consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, Law and Values.
• Transformational leadership style, the ability to envision, champion and mobilize commitment for strategic change and to help others make the changes necessary to move the organization forward.
• Demonstrates professional demeanor.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
• Ability to develop processes as well as an ability to think entrepreneurially
• Must feel comfortable speaking in public and addressing volunteers and external groups
• Ability to provide creative leadership, to establish priorities and to make independent decisions.
• Seeks and accepts opportunities for professional growth and development
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent); Master’s preferred
• Proficient in project management skills
• Minimum of seven to ten years of progressively responsible senior management experience, preferably in a not-for-profit community-based agency.
• Demonstrated skills in innovation, tactical planning, budget development and performance management.
• Proven skills in recruiting, developing, supervising and motivating employee and volunteer personnel.
• Proven ability to work with professional level volunteers (e.g., community leaders).
• Strong human relations skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficiency in use of technology, social media and standard office applications
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel primarily throughout the Council’s geographic area.
• Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle availability.
• Must be able to work on a computer screen for long periods of time, have the ability to traverse distances on uneven terrain such as camp properties/hiking trails/wooded areas, lift 20-30lbs, communicate in outdoor and sometimes noisy environments.
For more information, please contact the council directly.
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Girl Scouts of Northeastern New York
8 Mountain View Ave,Albany, NY 12205