NY Employer Cooks in Chazy, New York
4 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 09/12/2019 - 11/15/2019.
This work order is for qualified people to prepare and cook family-style meals for approximately 190 workers in a commissary. Worker will be asked to cook food and plan daily menus; wash dishes; bake breads and pastries; order and shop for food and supplies; store food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and food spoilage; and be responsible to maintain and clean the work area, equipment, utensils, dishes, etc. to ensure food is prepared in a sanitary work area. Workers will also be asked to clean and maintain common living and dining areas, which includes gathering and removing garbage.
* Must have a minimum of three months experience in performing the tasks described.
* Workers must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.
* Worker must have neat appearance with excellent hygiene and be available to work Monday-Saturday.
* Employer will train
* Must be able to take instruction in simple English.
* Extensive sitting, pushing, pulling and walking//repetitive movements/frequent stooping.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.