Cabela's Sales Associate - Hunting in Cheektowaga, New York
Position summary: Performs various Selling / Customer Service activities in the Hunting department, to include greeting and acknowledging all customers in a prompt and friendly manner, handling firearms, ammo, and other hunting merchandise with care, providing information, assistance and direction to customers.
1) Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
2) Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
3) Demonstrate product to customers.
4) Replenish product on shelves as required per Merchandising guidelines.
5) Remains a Hunting product “expert” through ongoing product knowledge training.
6) Knowledgeable of advertised sales; maintain pricing and signing.
7) Assist with "Seasonal" floor merchandise moves.
8) Restock merchandise as required.
9) Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies.
10) Follows all Company Policies and Procedures.
11) Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
identifying and evaluating customers' needs
making product recommendations based off of this analysis
promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
Education and/or Experience
- High School education or equivalent experience
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts and make change to customers
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers.
Ability to operate computerized Point of Sale register system
To accomplish the essential functions of this job, Incumbent will be required to:
Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc.
Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
Occasionally repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment
Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds constantly, may occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
Occasionally work in tight and confined spaces
Occasionally work in noisy environments