Union Square Hospitality Group Executive Pastry Sous Chef in Ci Siamo (435 W. 31st St, New York
We are searching for talented Executive Pastry Sous Chef to join our team at Ci Siamo!
Ci Siamo is the new restaurant from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and Chef Hillary Sterling, debuting this summer at Manhattan West. Celebrating the beauty of simplicity, Ci Siamo will center around live-fire cooking. The Italian-inflected menu takes inspiration from Chef Sterling’s extensive travels and is rooted in the understated excellence of seasonal ingredients and purposeful preparations. Ci Siamo, which loosely translates to “we’ve made it” or “we’ve arrived,” bridges the traditional with the contemporary to introduce a new space that is at once transportive yet warmly familiar. Ci Siamo looks forward to participating in New York’s revival, and welcoming the city to our home.
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of Ci Siamo's Pastry Department
• In collaboration with Executive Pastry Chef, responsible for all pastry menu execution and development.
• Ensure excellent service & hospitality is provided for all guests, community, vendors and investors
• Drive Service & Hospitality Standards for the pastry team at Ci Siamo
Ensure high performance and overall excellence & hospitality in the Pastry Department throughout each day’s specific service periods.
• Ensure physical operation is opened and closed successfully
• Ensure lunch & dinner services are expedited effectively
• Ensure consistent execution of pastry offerings and timely flow of service
• Hold team accountable to set up & break down of pastry prep and station according to Chef’s/Kitchen guidelines
• Maintain positive working relationship with BOH & Dining Room leaders and line staff throughout service periods
• Continuously provide support to all pastry staff and actively participate on the in line as needed
Ensure that all recipes, product, food preparations and food execution meet restaurant's specifications and commitment to culinary excellence.
• Hold team accountable to following all recipes and presentation specifics (including but not limited to: standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards & ingredients) as set forth by
• Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
• Ensure team appropriately stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations during service period
• Accountable to ordering and maintaining the appropriate amount and quality of product in house
• Assists in food prep assignments and/or cooking during peak periods as needed
• Tracks and reports any food waste, monitor food prep inconsistencies, evaluating and correcting team as needed.
Ensure that kitchen & physical plant is kept clean, safe and up to all “A” level health code standards
• Ensure team understands and adheres to correct maintenance and cleaning of the prep area, kitchen and walk-ins to all DOL safety and sanitation standards
• Maintain a clean and stocked workplace, prep area, kitchen area, storage area and walk-in
• Maintain and properly use all kitchen equipment
• Prepare all food according to Food Handlers Guidelines
• Ensure that team handle, store and rotate all products properly.
Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
• Adhere to all Ci Siamo procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
• Ensure that the Payroll process is completed successfully and correctly according to Ci Siamo accounting procedures.
• Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
• Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
• In conjunction with the BOH leadership team, ensure that the BOH inventory process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
• In conjunction with the BOH leadership team, accountable to meeting or exceeding budgeted food cost
At least 2 years Pastry Management experience in fine-dining restaurant (preferably 2-3 star atmosphere)
Two year culinary degree or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job preferred
Excellent understanding of professional cooking, pastry production and knife handling skills
Excellent knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
English fluency, Spanish preferred