Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways Part-Time Sales Associate in Cicero, New York
Part-Time Sales Associate
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways Inc (https://girlscoutsofnypennpathwaysinc.easyapply.co) Cicero, NY $15.00 per hour
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways is currently seeking two part-time Sales Associates who will be based out of our Cicero, New York Service Center. Sales Associates support customer needs and process all sales and incoming monies through the point-of-sale system. They provide support by helping with stores sales, welcoming and educating customers about the Girl Scout program and essential merchandise needed to be successful as well as highlighting featured merchandise.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Support NYPENN membership by participating in mobile boutiques throughout the NYPENN jurisdiction.
Help determine appropriate merchandise to offer the best assortment and meet the needs of the customers, while also reaching sales goals to support the council.
Process cash registers sales, refunds, in house transfers, gift cards and other customer related functions, including all cash receipting.
Process phone, e-commerce, and email orders promptly and professionally.
Assist in compilation of daily cash reconciliation in strict accordance with established procedures.
Receiving and display of merchandise, including checking against the packing lists for accuracy.
Keep sales floor adequately stocked, making sure that items are priced.
Keep displays fresh and appealing with frequent changes when possible.
Assist in inventory ordering, monitoring, counting, control of merchandise, reorder points and tracking trends.
Monitor and keep clean and organized storerooms, workstations and sales counter.
Provide assistance and education to customer regarding Girl Scout Merchandise.
Provide exceptional internal and external customer service that assists in the achievement of the organization’s mission. Assist in problem situations by facilitating conflict resolution strategies.
Responsible for the execution of projects to support the work of departments as determined by the Director of Retail Operations and Product Programs.
Assist with other related duties as required.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule averaging up to 26 hours per week in the Fall and Spring and 18 to 20 hours per week in the Winter and Summer months.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel to other service centers and/or events throughout the NYPENN jurisdiction as needed.
High School Diploma plus three years of relevant retail & customer service experience desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum one year of retail sales and customer service experience required. Experience in working with diverse populations of staff and volunteers, demonstrated personal and professional commitment to pluralism.
· Good verbal and written communication skills to establish clear expectations in a fast-paced setting.
· Ability to view the council as a whole vs. individualized regions or federations so to insure consistent opportunities and messaging.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software required. Knowledge of basic keyboarding and computer function.
· Ability to employ strict discretion in sensitive situations.
· Comfort with uncertainty and ambiguity while being proactive in anticipating and preempting problems.
· Represent the council as needed to both internal and external audiences.
· Computer, network, cell phone, fax, telephone, voice mail, copier. Must hold a valid driver’s license and insurance and be able to travel the 26-county jurisdiction of the council.
· Sedentary work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to set-up tables and move around and/or set-up displays.
· Driving, climbing, balancing, lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Girl Scouts of NYPENN Pathways celebrates diversity in all forms and is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative and supportive environment for all. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, performance and the needs of the organization. As an equal opportunity employer, GSNYPENN does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other groups or persons protected by federal, state or local law.