Lakeside Sod Supply Farmworker and Laborer in Clarence Center, New York
4 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 3/15/19-11/21/19.
Perform various activities associated with growing sod and grass on a farm. Most jobs will be performed outdoors in all weather conditions and varying temperatures. Workers will aid in soil preparation, including removal of rocks, roots, limbs, stumps, trees and other debris from the field and farm areas. Workers must also set up and move 30 ft. lengths of irrigation pipe. Load and unload empty pallets by hand. Drive fork lifts, tractors, mowing quipment and other farm equipment. Workers will be required to blend and bag certified seed. Load and unload sod and various dry goods.
* Must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience in the turf and sod industry.
* Must be able to stoop and pick up 60-75 lbs. of product continuously all day long.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Driver requirements - valid driver's license is required (or the ability to obtain one).
* Repetitive movements, extensive sitting, extensive walking, and extensive pushing/pulling.
* Frequent stooping
* Workers may be subject to random drug and alcohol screenings, after hiring, at employer's expense.
Full job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL Website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm