Lakeside Sod Supply FARMWORKERS LABORERS & CROPS in Clarence Center, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 03/22/2023 - 11/22/2023.
Perform various activities associated with growing sod and grass on the farm. Most jobs will be performed outdoors in all weather conditions and varying temperatures. Workers will aid in soil preparation, including removal of rocks, roots, limbs, stumps, trees and other debris from the field and farm areas. Workers must also setup and move 30 ft. lengths of irrigation pipe. Load and unload empty pallets by hand. Drive forklifts, tractors, mowing equipment and other farm equipment. Workers will be required to blend and bag certified seed. Load and unload sod and various dry goods. Must be able to stoop and pick up 60-75 lbs. of product continuously all day long. Will be responsible to mow, cultivate, plant and weed common areas around the farm and office. All applicants must be able to perform all requirements in the job description. Due to health and safety concerns, workers must have proficient English language skills. Employer may conduct/require random drug or alcohol tests at employers expense after hiring, for the safety of themselves and others as they will be operating machinery. Failure to comply with request or testing positive will result in termination. Valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
- Must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience in the turf and sod industry.
- Must be able to stoop and pick up 60-75 lbs. of product continuously all day long.
- Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
- Driver requirements - valid drivers license is required (or the ability to obtain one).
- Repetitive movements, extensive walking, and extensive pushing/pulling.
- Frequent stooping/bending.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Workers may be subject to random drug and alcohol screenings, after hiring, at employers expense.
The full terms and conditions of the job (form ETA790a) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from this website: seasonaljobs.dol.gov. For qualified applicants requiring a Spanish translation of this job order, please email DIPA@labor.ny.gov or call 1-877-466-9757. Please include the applicant name and job order number in your request.