Arcadis U.S.Inc. Technical Intern in Clifton Park, New York
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is 'people first', and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is seeking motivated Environmental Engineering/Scientist interns for summer 2022 in our Clifton Park, NY office. This is an internship opportunity for a dynamic student looking for career growth in environmental consulting. The internship offers an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of environmental projects, work with a great team, and join a successful growing organization with a reputation for high quality work and top notch employees. Opportunity for conversion to full time hire upon graduation.
Responsibilities will include but not necessarily be limited to the following office-related tasks:
- Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
- Assisting with writing and preparation of technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
- Assisting with preparation of cost estimates and proposals
- Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors, field staff, and project managers
- Conducting project-related research (historical data, reports)
- Reviewing and understanding Local and State regulations
- Figure/map/boring and well log production
- Detail-oriented, well organized, dependable
- Strict adherence to health and safety procedures
- Strong work ethic
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times in accordance with the employment policy and procedures and as directed by the line manager.
- Behave ethically. Unethical behavior will not be tolerated, nor will drug or alcohol use.
- Have and maintain a clean Motor Vehicle record. Any major offense (DUI/DWI, distracted driving, aggressive or reckless driving) on your driving record will be evaluated and work restricted accordingly. Texting and hand-held cell phone use while driving will not be tolerated and are considered a terminable offense.
- Arrive to work on time. Normal work hours are 8: 00 am to 5: 00 pm, or as needed or directed otherwise by management.
- Adhere to business casual office attire. (Good rule of thumb, if you are not changing out of your office clothes when you get home, you are dressed too casually).
- Maintain communication, collaboration, accountability, and responsiveness. All Employees have Stop Work Authority.
**Qualifications & Experience:**
- Pursuing a BS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or another related engineering or science discipline.
- Prior internship experience a plus.
- 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred, but not required.
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people's lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth's resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients' most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it's not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity