Ayco Tax Intern in Cohoes, New York
The Tax Intern is for students who have an interest in one or more of Ayco’s businesses:
• National Tax Group – Supports clients in tax preparation and dispute resolution; provides targeted advice pertaining to federal and state tax compliance
• Tax Policy & Research – Sets tax policy, provides answers to tax questions, researches and provides guidance on federal and state income, gift and estate tax laws
• Ayco Trust Advisory Servic e – Provides trust planning and guided implementation to help protect clients’ wealth for their family and future generations
Summer and year-round internship opportunities are available. Students must be available to work 16-20 hours per week during the semester and/or 40 hours during breaks/summers.
Applications are now open and interviews will take place on a rolling basis. We do ask that you only apply to one position at a time to ensure the best candidate experience. Our recruiters will review your application and may submit you to other positions based on your skillset.
Ayco is an industry pioneer and preeminent leader of company-sponsored financial planning services. We believe companies best serve their stakeholders and the greater economy when their employees’ financial lives are clear, understood and in their own control. For nearly 50 years, we’ve aspired to deliver a more productive and engaged workforce to our clients by providing their employees a path to financial well-being through holistic and personalized services tailored for each stage of the career cycle—from entry-level to C-suite.
• Collate, scan, and assemble complex multi-state client, dependent, and amended tax returns
• Prepare, collate and mail IRS and state tax authority correspondence
• Hands-on training is provided to learn the various federal and state tax return attachments such as W-2s and 1099s
• Electronic archiving and quality review
• Involvement in client data reconciliation
• Prepare forms and spreadsheets for tax preparation
• Update client databases
• Account review/reconciliations
• Perform special projects as assigned
• In pursuit of a degree equivalent to a Bachelor’s or above graduating between December 2021 – May 2024
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of teamwork
• Commitment to excellence
• High ethical standards
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Job Location(s) US-NY-Cohoes
Dept. National Tax Group
Job ID 2021-Tax-Intern