Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Supervisor, Events in Cold Spring Harbor, New York
- Position Description
The Events department at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking a Supervisor of Events to execute and oversee the setup, maintenance, and breakdown of Meetings, Courses, Administrative, Communications, and Development-related events.
- Position Responsibilities
- Execute events on and off campus, including overseeing setup, maintenance and breakdown
- Provide event services at the residences of the President, Chancellor Emeritus, and Cancer Center Director.
- Procure and organize supplies for events.
- Designate event staff responsibilities for functions which include breakfasts, lunches, dinners, receptions, banquets, barbeques, and VIP events
- Supervise and assist in training 20-30 new and existing seasonal event staff
- Serve as a liaison to the event contact, when needed.
- Serve as a barista at the coffee bar and hillside cafe when regularly scheduled employees request time off.
- Provide support to the events office team, including input on staff performance along with analysis and feedback of events.
- Ability to learn the point-of-sale system (computer software)
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays, according to events and the seasonal needs of the department.
- Position Requirements
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years experience in a culinary services establishment
- Ability to supervise event staff.
- Knowledge of serving procedures.
- Understanding of proper sanitation procedures (Nassau County sanitation certificate preferred).
- Organizational skills.
- Diplomacy and tact.
- Social and hospitality-related service etiquette.
- Ability to resolve customer discrepancies and inquiries with tact.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals of diverse cultures, ethnicities, and professional profiles.
- Familiarity with the facilities on the Laboratory's various campuses.
- NYS alcoholic beverage service training - TIPS preferred
- Supplemental Information
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, candidates should create an account and apply to the position found here: Position ID:437
EnvironmentCold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned biomedical research institution in New York. It has shaped contemporary biomedical research and is the home of eight Nobel Prize laureates. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory provides a highly dynamic and interactive research environment and also a unique opportunity of timely exposure to advances in various biomedical research fields and of interaction with a broad range of researchers from all over the world through its renowned Meetings and Courses program. We believe that science is for everyone. We have had researchers with a variety of backgrounds and believe in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Compensation and BenefitsOur employees are compensated in many ways for their contributions to our mission, including competitive pay, exceptional health benefits, retirement plans, time off, and a range of recognition and wellness programs. Visit our CSHL Benefits sites to learn more. The hourly range for this role is $20.52-28.71. The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., years of relevant experience, education, credentials, and internal equity).
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Minimum Salary: 20.52 Maximum Salary: 28.71 Salary Unit: Hourly