Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Supervisor, General Dining in Cold Spring Harbor, New York
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Supervisor, General Dining
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is seeking candidates to fill the position of General Dining Supervisor. This individual will plan, coordinate and execute functions of cold food preparation, cashier and serving of general dining food and beverage.
Additional Duties and responsibilities will include but aren't limited to:
- Coordinate food preparation for general dining & catering services
- Contribute to the purchasing of produce and baked goods.
- Train and supervise full time and seasonal employees.
- Handle receipts (cash & other) at employee dining rooms.
- Ensure cold preparation staff follows proper sanitation procedures.
- Interact in a courteous manner with clientele, fellow employees and other supervisors.
- Ensure that the administrative and operational policies and procedures of the department and the Laboratory are followed.
Position RequirementsEducation: Associate's degree is required.
Experience: Five years of experience in the culinary industry is preferred and at least two years of experience are required.
- Computer knowledge
- Point-of-Sale experience
- Nassau County Department of Health Food Service Managers Training Course certificate a plus
- Must possess a valid driver's license and own transportation.
- The ability to speak and understand the Spanish language is helpful.
Physical: Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, and lift items such as boxes and trays of food or drinks.
Environmental: Must be comfortable working with others in social settings.
Other: The ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays is required.
If interested, please apply for this position via the CSHL website at: http://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/15674
Position Number: 01371-A
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory offers a competitive salary and benefits.
For more information about CSHL , please visit us at www.cshl.edu
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor