T.Webber Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electric Human Resource Manager in Cold Spring, New York
T.Webber is hiring an experienced HR Manager to oversee the day-to-day HR operations of the Company. We are seeking someone who has a passion for getting things done, takes ownership, has great attention to detail, and is committed to being a valuable resource to employees throughout our growing organization.
As a company in growth-mode, we need someone who is willing to dig into the details but has an ability to learn the business and a desire to grow into a leader. If you are passionate about all things HR and looking for an opportunity to own the design and execution of HR processes, this role is perfect for you.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum experience: 3 – 5 years HR experience
- HRCI or SHRM certification
- Strong understanding of federal HR laws and New York State specific regulations
- Strong recruitment and onboarding experience; including both traditional and non-traditional recruitment methods.
- Excellent employee relations an conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to listen and empathize with others and anticipate, respond, and pivot to the needs of the employees and business
- You are a go-getter who can own a project with varying levels of instruction and run with it; have the ability to make sound, independent decisions
- Detail oriented with the ability to develop, implement & manage processes and procedures
- Excellent business acumen; entreprenurial spirit Role & Responsibilities:
To oversee all human resources functions including: payroll, compensation and benefits, training and development, employee relations and recruitment and selection.
- Work with leadership team to strategically plan HR initiatives that will benefit the company and encourage more efficient and beneficial work from employees.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares and communicates information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government- mandated disclosures.
- Create and maintain company handbook on policies and procedures; continually educate employees on company policies (including sexual harassment, appropriate dress and social media permissions, time keeping, etc.)
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Monitor and keep the Company informed as to the status of any unemployment claims
- Administers Workers’ Compensation claims, working closely with the injured employee, medical provider, and Workers’ Compensation insurance carrier to ensure control on claims experience.
- Conduct recruitment effort for all staff; write and place advertisements; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checking; conduct pre-employment screening; extend job offers.
- Conduct new-employee orientations; facilitate onboarding alongside Departmental Managers
- Maintain employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Oversee payroll processing. Process payroll information such as hours worked, rates of pay, benefit deductions, and all withholdings.
- Oversee time keeping management (sick time, vacation time, etc)
- Oversee performance management, including: facilitating 90 day check-ins, annual reviews and progressive discipline alongside Departmental Managers; Partner with appropriate leadership team members by providing employee coaching to resolve performance issues.
- Oversee training and development pipeline for new and existing staff
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee complaints and concerns, or other employee relations situations. Inform, counsel and advise appropriate member of the Leadership Team regarding any employee concerns.
Monitor employee progress and stay abreast on company climate and culture, ensuring it stays positive and productive. What We Offer
- Great Benefits, including: health, dental & vision insurance with significant company contribution.
- Company paid life insurance and long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Regular company meetings & seasonal social and family events (Christmas parties, Family BBQs, Go Cart Evenings, etc)
- A clearly laid out path to build the life-long career you want to build (including paid education and opportunities to advance)
- Respect - for you, your family, and your career. We realize that our greatest assets are the people who take pleasure and pride in working for T.Webber, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with T.Webber. Together, we can continue to grow and raise the bar in the service industry throughout the Hudson Valley and beyond. Apply today to get started.