American Pool Enterprises Seasonal Lifeguard-certified or willing to train Coram in Coram, New York
Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies Memorial Day weekend thru Labor Day.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Complete records and reports.
- Participate in regular in-service training.
- Maintain fitness level (swimming skills, strength and endurance).
Complete additional duties as assigned by the supervisor. Minimum Job Requirements:
Current certification in the following:* Lifeguard:* American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
- American Red Cross Shallow Water Attendant and First Aid (water less than 5 feet)
- American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Through knowledge and application of lifeguard surveillance and rescue techniques.
- An understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and public relations skills.
- Decision-making skills