House of Blues Sustainability Team - Darien Lake Amp in Corfu, New York
Live Nation is seeking Zero Waste Captains to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role is the backbone and driving force for helping us become zero waste through sorting and educating others. This position will partner with the Venue Sustainability Coordinator and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position for show days. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
· Assist in the post-show sorting process of all recycling, composting, and landfill materials
· Be an ambassador to all staff in order to help them understand their role in achieving the venue’s sustainability goals
· Assist in employee engagement programs such as the water bottle refill punch cards, post show sort giveaways and new ideas
· Engage fans and encourage them to participate in our sustainability programs through activities or education
· Participate in Zero Waste Captain training
· Position requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50 lbs.+ with about 65% of that time spent sorting materials
· Dedication to participate in something that will have a real and immediate impact to the cause
· Must be able to work well with other departments
· Experience in events, zero waste events are a plus
· A positive attitude
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
· Must pass a required background check
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today at: https://www.livenationentertainment.com/careers/.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.